Shopping for replacement windows for your Tucson, AZ home can be overwhelming. There are a lot of different kinds of windows to choose from, each one offering different pros and cons. So where do you start? The best place to start is with some research, guided by this simple checklist: style, performance, design and materials.
- Style – Start by considering different window styles. Different replacement window styles may work better for certain rooms in terms of function and look, so be sure to consider both when doing your research. What style will match your home best? What style will be easiest for you to operate? Which style matches your energy efficiency needs? Some of the styles you should consider include:
- Double hung
- Performance – Homeowners often know it is time to replace their windows when they start to underperform, meaning that their windows start leaking air, not locking properly, or are difficult to open and close. This means that performance should be a big factor in your decision when you’re researching and shopping for replacement windows. There are a few different factors you need to take into consideration when looking at a window’s performance, like energy efficiency. You want your windows to be as energy efficient as possible to save you money on your energy bills. Think about factors like U-factor, solar heat gain coefficient, and visible light transmittance. You should also take sound resistance into consideration.
- Material – There are a few common replacement window materials, but the most common are aluminum, vinyl, fiberglass or composite, and wood. There are lots of pros and cons for each material, but you should definitely take durability, maintenance, affordability, and customization options into consideration when researching different replacement window materials.
- Design – There are plenty of design options available when choosing the right replacement windows for your home. There are the various interior and exterior colors for your window frames and trim accessories, as well as the shape of the window. You also need to take a look at grids and hardware to make sure you get the function and look you want.
- Finishes – Replacement windows can be completed with extra finishes that can make or break their performance and function. Look into if window options offer finishes like double or triple glass, as they offer much better insulation than single-pane windows. You should also check out glass with Low-E coating option to better maintain the temperature of your home, or glass with UV coatings to help keep harmful rays from damaging your furniture.
This checklist is here for you and your shopping experience. If you need more guidance on choosing the right Tucson, AZ replacement windows for your home, just reach out to Olander’s Window Replacement. We would love to offer you any assistance we can. Just visit us at 4141 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85712, or call us at (520) 326-2909.