From helping with energy efficacy and comfort to boosting style and function, you can’t go wrong with replacement windows. Adding replacement windows to your Tucson, AZ home is always a good idea. But how do you choose the right type of replacement window for your home?
The best way to make sure you get the best is to work with an expert window company. However, you can also use this list of seven different window styles to inspire your choice and awaken your inner interior designer:
- Picture Window – Picture windows are perfect for creating a focal point in a room or space and for allowing clear views outside. Because picture windows are fixed, they are airtight and energy efficient, meaning they won’t affect your heating and cooling bills.
- Sliding Windows – Sliding windows are the answers for tough or oddly-shaped spaces like over kitchen sinks, in a stairwell, or in a basement. These windows help these odd spaces get sunlight and ventilation without sacrificing on style as they are easy to open and close with just one hand but also don’t take up very much space.
- Awning Windows – Awning windows were very popular back in the day and have only recently made a resurgence in modern home design. This is because homeowners are starting to realize the benefits of awning windows. They are hinged at the top and rather than open with manual pressure they are opened with a crank located at the bottom of the window. This design makes them ideal for getting ventilation even in bad weather.
- Bay Windows – From cozy reading nooks to comfortable window seats perfect for relaxing while enjoying a gorgeous outdoor view, bay windows are all about function and classic charm. There are tons of ways to make a bay window suit your needs.
- Bow Windows – All about the exterior, bow windows are great for adding visual interest to the outside of your home. Similar to bay windows, bow windows also have a curvature that creates a small nook. However, bow windows curve outward away from the home in an extended nook.
- Garden Windows – Garden windows are similar to bow windows in that they extend away from the home and create a bit of extra space. But garden windows are specifically designed for use as little greenhouses, as traditionally they were intended as a place to put small potted flowers and herbs in a kitchen. The windows also make rooms feel larger and brighter as they extend outward.
If none of these windows inspire you, you can always come up with your own custom design. The sky is the limit when it comes to custom windows. You can create a statement window that will catch the eye or smaller, more subtle windows that blend in seamlessly with your home. It’s whatever you want.
If you want more inspiration or assistance choosing the right kind of Tucson, AZ replacement windows for your home just turn to Olander’s Window Replacement. Stop by or call us today to learn more about what we can do for you.